torsdag 28 maj 2015

                                

                  The Best Reading log ever (seriously)  

                                                 Title: Matched     Question: nr. 9 

Matched is a book that takes place some time in the future. As far as we, the readers, are concerned, everything is dictated by the Society. They decide what everyone works with how much of what they get, what they learn, even what they eat, get to do, and how much free time everybody gets each day. They have figured out a way to eliminate as many sicknesses as possible that occur during ones lifetime. To the people living in the cities that sounds like heaven, but to one girl, after a certain incident all that changes. She begins to realize how trapped she is. She has a limited amount of everything. Food, clothes, freedom, knowledge, art, history, poems, music. One day Cassia, the girl comes across a poem that is illegal and was supposed to be burned. This poem is different because it tells her to fight whereas the other ones are all clouds and pretty things. One of the lines are " do not go gentle".


              Cassia interprets this line as : fight against, don't go with the flow just because that's what everybody else is doing and because that's all you've ever done. Fight for what you think is right, for your own free will, like they had before. I think it's a great quote because it speaks truth, I agree with Cassia's interpretation of that line. She kept reminding herself of that line whenever she faced opposition. Many times people, even me, go with the flow even if they're opposed to it because that's what everyone else is doing. This quote is the perfect thing to boost your morals and that's why I chose it.




                               Title: Matched      Question: nr. 12

When I first saw Matched on the book shelf  I passed by it without a second glance. After a few weeks when the book was still there I read the backside. My first impression of the book was, a girl has to make a big decision safety, familiarity and hidden secrets, or danger, the unknown and freedom, truth. I just made it sound more interesting now. Although this was one of the many different types of books that I read and it had an awesome book cover, there was something about it that made me hesitant about reading it. I guess I didn't really think it would be worthwhile. 


              In the end I took the book anyways since I was a bit interested and I needed a book for this reading log quick. After reading the first page I knew book would be good. My point is that everything isn't always as it seems. You know that saying " the first impression is always the most important one". Well I disagree, I think it's the next impression that's the most important one because it's the one that could change how you see things. What I mean to say is that this book is amazing, the cover design and backside made it impossible to not want to find out what it was about. I like that the author, Allie Condie and her editors and other colleagues, managed to get an interesting cover and a boring backside to work. I really like the way Ally writes, she makes her books pretty unbelievable, but she has just enough sad and realistic things to make them believable. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Matched  series.


 By: Destiny 6B
 28/5-2015 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar